drank Dan Cong Feng Huang by THE O DOR

The first steep of this was a very pale orange, and the taste was sharp and dry (but not unpleasant), with little fruit and more earth. This’ a very dark oolong.

Second steep is a much darker orange—very bright. The taste of this second brew is lighter and brighter, but still with similarities; notes of syrupy sweetness, like peaches. It’s not as strong as Life in Teacup’s—I definitely still like theirs better, and need to order some more—but I still like this one. It’s likable in its own way.

A tea-drinking transgendered Canadian, currently in the third year of university, majoring in geology (yes, “rocks and things”). I take most of my tea made straight into a mug, although occasionally if I’m not in a hurry (this isn’t often), I’ll have time to sit down with a pot or gaiwan. It’s the highlight of a good day.

My notes are pretty disjointed because I’m a fairly absent-minded individual, and I also keep a teatra.de blog for reviewing and rambling about tea books/publications.

And I’m a Doctor Who fanatic (Jon Pertwee, if you were wondering).

BC, Canada