drank Dorian Grey by Great Wall Tea Company

Sorry for disappearing. I moved to accommodate a job, but I have no internet access (or options to get it, for that matter); I have access at work, but Steepster and other websites are blocked.

I’m finally attempting the public library, which has a very slow connection, but it’s better than nothing.

Anyways—the water here is quite hard, so it’s been making it slightly difficult for me to enjoy my tea, especially lighter oolongs and whites. I’ve had to stick with dark oolongs and blacks—no complaints. Dorian Grey seems to thrive in hard water, though, because it takes away the bitter background taste I had, and makes it bright and fruity. I’m regretting not bringing more of it.

I only had room in my bags for so much tea, so I packed my travel tins full, and then grabbed the large tins of a few of my staples. There’s not a single tea shop up here, and I’m hours away from any medium-sized city that might have some. I’m surviving, though. I’m sure I’ve got enough to last me another two months. My contract ends then, and I’ll be on my way home.

I think I should start signing everything “The Tea-Drinking Geologist”. I’m very boring; my colleagues keep inviting me out for beer, but I sadly don’t drink. Ahwell.

GreatWallTea

How’s the job going? Email us your address and we’ll send up some tea. We’ve got a few newer ones you should try while you’re in the tea-shopless north.

AJ

I hate that the internet at work blocks both Steepster and anything that resembles a blog. I miss important messages.

I’m collecting quite a lot of items (mostly rocks); I’m already running low on room in my luggage. I might not have the space to bring back any tea that’s sent up (my family’s already sent some—and a water filter); never fear, however, as I will be back in under a month. I can’t wait to see what you’ve got.

Comments

GreatWallTea

AJ