I’ve been duped! Rose wasn’t listed anywhere as an ingredient, and the sample they had out for sniffing had no rose petals in it either.

Also, they seem to hint that it’s a green and black blend, but I didn’t see any signs of green.

It smells of citrus and jasmine, as expected. Not much rose, because I was careful to keep the petals out of my teaspoon as I scooped it into the strainer. There’s also what looks like dried thistle in here. Huh.

Brewed is a citrus smell with a touch of jasmine. The taste is a good ceylon with a touch of citrus, and this bizzare verging-on-spice taste that I can only conclude may possibly be the thistle. It’s rather pleasant, though.

I’m a little disappointed that Murchie’s fallen into adding candy and decorative items to their teas recently. Most of the new ‘specialty’ limited-time ones are like that. I picked up “Lucky Elephant” as well, despite it having candy pink elephants in it. I thought the roasted bancha mixed with black tea sounded interesting (and, apparently, mocha flavours…). Somehow in my mind, something called “Lucky Elephant” should be more traditional.

Back to this tea… It looks like I prevented the rose from ruining the experience, but I won’t know for sure until it’s cooled enough. It could still get bitter.

I’ve been gone from my part-time job so long (three months) I have no idea what our uniform looks like. Plus we’ve completely changed season in my absence, so we’ll have a whole new line of clothes. Fun. I’ll have no idea where anything is.

Rating this a medium-positive for now. I like it, but I haven’t decided my full opinion on it yet. I drank tea instead of eating breakfast.

Jillian

Pink elephants…really? One thing I’ve always liked about Murchies was their plain, English-style blends.

AJ

Yeah, same. I’m wondering if these new limited-time blends are being offered through Murchie’s from a different wholesaler. It’d explain the difference.

I say this because Steepster has one other tea called “Lucky Elephant”. Here: http://steepster.com/teas/nordqvist/19836-onnen-elefantti-lucky-elephant The ingredients all the same except sunflower to replace the candies.

Murchie’s also had a tea called The Emperor’s Bride for sale. The same company as above has it as well, with the same ingredients as Murchie’s. http://steepster.com/teas/nordqvist/13952-the-emperors-bride

I guess it could be a chance to draw in new customers. At least they still keep their original setup and blends and just seem to offer these on the side.

lizzi

I’m not too wild about his tea, either. At least the tin is pretty. :D

Comments

Jillian

AJ