drank Dan Cong Feng Huang by THE O DOR

I layered the bottom of my handled gaiwan with leaves instead of using just a teaspoon’s worth for the cup, and then steeped for half the recommended time. More tea leaf, less time.

The taste is less sharp, but I still get none of the fruity sweetness that I love about dan congs. It’s got more of a raw cocoa taste, and gritty mouth-feel. Ahwell, it’s still an interesting cup, and I’ll get a few more steeps out of this cup one yet, I think.

Edit: It’s becoming a little astringent and bitting again as it cools, but not outright bitter. Lends more to the cocoa feel.

And I’m a Doctor Who fanatic (Jon Pertwee, if you were wondering).

BC, Canada