drank Quangzhou Milk Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

It smells a bit like sharp cheddar cheese, which I find… Unencouraging.

It’s got the taste of a typical greener rolled oolong (or the taste of the ones I’ve tried), with a light hint of cream. Not thick cream, just the stuff you buy for your coffee. Not getting too much sweetness. It’s interesting.

It settles into a thicker mouthfeel as you sip, and a bit of sweetness develops.

First steep: Two minutes.

Second Steep: Two and a half minutes. It’s sweeter, but less creamy. The steep instructions Davids provided read 4-7 minutes. That seemed a bit crazy, but I may have to consider it.

A tea-drinking transgendered Canadian, currently in the third year of university, majoring in geology (yes, “rocks and things”). I take most of my tea made straight into a mug, although occasionally if I’m not in a hurry (this isn’t often), I’ll have time to sit down with a pot or gaiwan. It’s the highlight of a good day.

My notes are pretty disjointed because I’m a fairly absent-minded individual, and I also keep a teatra.de blog for reviewing and rambling about tea books/publications.

And I’m a Doctor Who fanatic (Jon Pertwee, if you were wondering).

BC, Canada