drank Weekend in Moscow by TWG Tea Company

Popped into the Urban Tea Merchant today, and after smelling this tea at the counter decided to give it a try. Sadly it wasn’t on the Tea to Go menu, but he offered me a pot instead. It was the first time I’d had tea in the sitting-room at the UTM. It was a little more awkward than I would have liked, because a) all the tables are set for two, and I was alone and b) I was only having a pot of tea, no meal or tray of petit fours.

I didn’t realize this tea had rose in it until I sat down and glanced over the little menu. I hadn’t seen/smelled it in the sample. However, surprisingly it didn’t completely turn me off once I got my pot. The ingredients listed rose, berries and almond (although the description on the tin and website list ‘bergamot’ instead of berries). I smelt the berries as I poured the tea, but couldn’t find it too strongly in the taste. The rose was at the front of every sip, but surprisingly smooth (although I still wouldn’t say I “liked” it). Each sip finished with sweet almond cream; It was, overall, quite delicious. The tea base made a minimal appearance, but it often does in flavoured teas. It’s odd, because you can tell it’s Ceylon, but it’s not that wonderful /Ceylon/ you get when you have a cup of unflavoured Sri Lanka alone. It was barely there, but it gave a good base for the flavours added. I think this is a good tea for rose fans.

I got to enjoy the ambience of the tea room, although I think next time I’ll order some food as well.