drank Chocolate Rocket by DAVIDsTEA

One of the four teas I received on Christmas.

I’m going to start by stating that I’ve never hate mate before. Sipping this, I get a powdery chocolate flavour, and a sort of deep taste, bakey—coca or mate, but it feels like a foreshadowing to the caffeine. Healthy energy drinkish.

There’s an almond scent (and a berry smell) that trails into the drink as well. Nice, sweet almond cocoa. Berry smell carries into the aftertaste, giving you… chocolately raspberries.

Looking through the ingredients, chicory—yes, I think that’s the bakey taste. It goes well with the cocoa.

A tea-drinking transgendered Canadian, currently in the third year of university, majoring in geology (yes, “rocks and things”). I take most of my tea made straight into a mug, although occasionally if I’m not in a hurry (this isn’t often), I’ll have time to sit down with a pot or gaiwan. It’s the highlight of a good day.

My notes are pretty disjointed because I’m a fairly absent-minded individual, and I also keep a teatra.de blog for reviewing and rambling about tea books/publications.

And I’m a Doctor Who fanatic (Jon Pertwee, if you were wondering).

BC, Canada