drank Nepal Black by DAVIDsTEA

The leaves are long, wiry and dark, with twists of gold like the picture (although they aren’t nearly so bright).

It smells nice, and brewed to a nice red. I got a faint hint of fruit in the taste, but mostly a Ceylon tea taste. Oaky, I guess, although I don’t really know what that means. Perhaps smoky in that it almost seems salty. Ceylon in the front, sort of savoury. Almost, /almost/ like fruit at the edge, or the beginning.

I realized when making this, that Davidstea puts the same steeping parameters on all its tea. Well, that explains a lot. I’ll be ignoring those from now on, I suppose.

Uniquity

There are different steeping parameters on different teas, but I find their parameters pretty wonky most of the time. I have a couple black/green blends that say to use boiling water (from DT) so I just ignore their suggestions now.

Comments

Uniquity

A tea-drinking transgendered Canadian, currently in the third year of university, majoring in geology (yes, “rocks and things”). I take most of my tea made straight into a mug, although occasionally if I’m not in a hurry (this isn’t often), I’ll have time to sit down with a pot or gaiwan. It’s the highlight of a good day.

My notes are pretty disjointed because I’m a fairly absent-minded individual, and I also keep a teatra.de blog for reviewing and rambling about tea books/publications.

And I’m a Doctor Who fanatic (Jon Pertwee, if you were wondering).

BC, Canada