My Teavivre samples arrived today! This will be my third round of tasting from this generous company, and as usual, I am like a kid on Christmas. This tea was the one I was most excited about. I read everyone else’s reviews on it and it got me quite excited for my turn. I am in love with Teavivre’s black teas, and when I smelled the pearls, I knew it was not going to disappoint.

As far as preparation goes, I used two pearls in about 10 ounces of water with a steel infuser. It unrolled rather quickly into long, whole, pointed leaves much like their yunnans. I let it go for the whole two minutes because I was a little worried by how pale amber the tea was. But the scent of it as it cooled reassured me that it would be flavorful.

Maybe next time I will use three pearls, but this is still a delicious cup. Malty cocoa is the strongest flavor, I agree. It reminds me a bit of their bailin gongfu, but a little more astringent. Also, there is just the barest hint of smokiness that makes it very satisfying. It is by no means your average black tea, and I can’t wait to get through this cup so I can make another. It’s great.

Bonnie

I used about 5 pearls for 8oz and had lots of cocoa with no astringency. Tasted more like nibs…really good!

Tabby

I tried a second time with more pearls and it was just like that. Delicious, smooth cocoa-y goodness.

Bonnie

See, glad you tried it with more. Sometimes it’s like that. I’ve had that happen before and I just try it again after reading a note from someone. It is really good! I just ordered some from Teavivre because I liked it so much!

Comments

Bonnie

Tabby