drank Earl Grey by Dilmah

Picked up a box at Big Lots for $2 today, thinking for the price, it could be terrible and I wouldn’t care. I just needed some Earl Grey to hold me over until my teas from KeenTeaThyme got here…

I put two bags in a mug to steep for iced tea, set the timer for four and a half minutes, and then my phone rang. I ended up forgetting all about my tea and spent about eight minutes on my balcony talking to a friend who had just broken up with his girlfriend. Oh dear.

When I returned, it smelled delicious but very strong, and a little on the sharp side. It was dark, but not as dark as I would have expected. I sweetened it, hit it with ice, and hoped for the best. It’s actually not bad! The bergamot is more lemony than what I’ve had recently, but it doesn’t taste like Pinesol, so I’m happy. The actual Ceylon aspect is a little milder than what I would have hoped, but it’s going to keep me satisfied for a while. If I were broke and in a pinch like this again, I might lean toward Tazo since they add lavender, but this will do.

Boiling 8 min or more