So, my man works for Leon’s Full Service, and this is one of the teas they carry. He snuck me into the little server station and opened a case that had all kinds of Mighty Leaf sachets. I picked this and a darjeeling while no one was looking.

Sadly, I have to agree with what a lot of you guys have already said. While this is actually pretty good, it’s just not great. I gave it longer than the brand recommends by 45 seconds, and that did make the black tea pretty strong and bitter. (But I like that.) Anyway, I prefer my Earl Greys to have a stronger bergamot flavor, and this one is on the mild side. You can smell it before you sip, like an exotic perfume, but it doesn’t translate much into the tea. And the black tea base they use is really, really standard. Boring, even.

What I’m trying to say is that Harney & Son’s Earl Grey Supreme has ruined me forever.

Nick

Have you ever tried the Earl Grey White from Teavana? Ha I know Teavana doesn’t have the most amazing selection of teas but their Earl Grey White is seriously amazing. I actually just posted a tasting note about it!

Tabby

I haven’t tried anything from Teavana because of their scary sales tactics and their general overpriced everything. But if I get a chance, maybe in a trade or something, I will certainly keep that in mind!

Nick

Oh I would know, I worked there for a year hahaha. But yeah, if that scares you just order some of it from their site, but honestly if you go in there knowing exactly what you want and how much of it you want they’ll usually back down.

Comments

Nick

Tabby