drank Tuocha Yunnan Tea by Tuocha

This one is the last of the teas from First Oriental Market that I snagged and hadn’t reviewed yet.

Both the dry bag and the tea as it steeps smell very much like a puerh. I guess I should have expected that when I read “tuocha” on the package. I was more excited by the word “yunnan”. But there’s no fishiness in the scent, at least, while I let it cool to a drinkable temperature.

The taste is pleasant and complex. It’s definitely a puerh. Sure, something about its flavor reminds me of the beach, maybe a bit of seaweed, but it also has that flavor of yunnan that I love so much. Like fruity bread and hay hiding in the background. But at the same time, it has that coppery puerh-ness that I’m not sure if I’m used to. I’m so torn!

Also, I might have oversteeped just a little bit. If you try this, don’t go with my preparation time!

Decatur, GA