So, I decided to give this another go with the same leaves. This time, it got a longer steep time and hotter water. I wanted to see how this liked being treated more like a traditional black tea.

The liquor came up a bit darker, but not by much. Not amber or anything like a regular black. More like the picture shows here: http://www.nuvolatea.com/upload/product/14l.jpg It smells more like a black tea. Heartier, with a hint of smoke. The taste is slightly more toasted and astringent, but oddly not much different from the first infusion. It seems like the more I treat it like a black tea, the more it tastes like one, and the same when I treat it like an oolong. But the change is very subtle. Interesting.

Bonnie

Good that you experimented and looked information up. Sometimes people just gulp their tea down and miss out on half of the adventure. I received this sample some time ago also and shared it with the Happy Lucky’s guys because it was so different.

Geoffrey Norman

I wonder if it’s the Ruby 18 varietal that they use for the black.

Comments

Bonnie

Geoffrey Norman

I wonder if it’s the Ruby 18 varietal that they use for the black.

Decatur, GA