drank Chamomile Citrus by Mighty Leaf Tea

I’ve decided I need to give chamomile a chance. I never really had it growing up, so I’ve never had a taste for it. But if it’s something that’s tried and true to de-stress, I’ll give it a try.

As I hit the sachet with hot water, it expands into a little floating pillow full of pale dried flowers and what looks like lemongrass. I think I can see some fruit peelings in there, too. The citrus scent is very powerful and sour, and makes me think of grapefruit and oranges. It’s so strong that I’m giving it a minute less than the instructions say.

The taste is more on the lemony side, with a vaguely minty herbal flavor mixed in. It’s not as harsh with citrus as the aroma had lead me to believe. There’s something about it that tastes very clean, and I like that. Honestly, however, I’m not sure what good chamomile is supposed to taste like, so I can’t make any judgements there. I’ll try a plain chamomile next…

Indigobloom

I recommend Egyptian Chamomile, it’s really sweet and honey like. Only one I know of is from David’s Tea but I’m sure there are others!

fermataleaf

Adagio also carries Egyptian Chamomile, and I like it, but I’ve never compared with David’s Tea.

Comments

Indigobloom

fermataleaf