This is the last of the new teas we’re carrying where I work. I had sort of been avoiding this one because it was herbal and I’m not really a fan of orange teas. The bag smells very strong, like mint, ginger, and especially anise. That licorice aroma! It’s powerful and a little scary.

As it steeps, the water turns pale green, then eventually a sort of murky greenish brown. I know for a fact that there’s no fennel in this, but it sure smells like it. I detest fennel. The taste is not much different from the smell. The most dominant flavor is tingly anise, followed by orange, then mint. As usual with The Republic Of Tea, the ginger is barely noticeable, which is a disappointment I should expect by now. Essentially, this tastes like watered-down medicine and I will not touch it again.

Another afterthought — The combination of spices in this reminds me of oregano. I’m thinking pizza sauce here.

KeenTeaThyme

A pizza tea?! Sounds like a challenge for Frank! ;)

Tabby

You know, some things might be beyond Frank’s help. XD

Comments

KeenTeaThyme

A pizza tea?! Sounds like a challenge for Frank! ;)

Tabby