So, this tea was what made me sure I wanted to place my newest order with Harney & Sons instead of the four or five other companies I had been waffling between. I love just about any tea that has lavender in it, and the idea of a pure lavender tea excited me. I’ve had plenty of blends before, but this tea is just fluffy dried lavender buds and a few pale green leaves.

Now, the official website shows the tea as brewing up to a pretty shade of purple. I can tell you right here that it does not. This stuff is a strange, kinda sickly gray. I mean, it’s sort of purple tinted, but it’s nothing like the picture. And it’s like nothing I’ve ever drank before. But the aroma is heavenly. Deeply soothing, floral, and clean. Lightly sweetened, it’s exactly what I was hoping for. A very bold and slightly buttery, tingly lavender flavor.

But I understand that this is not for everyone. If you don’t like herbals and don’t like lavender, stay far away. But I’m definitely going to re-order and blend it into stuff. Yum.

ashmanra

I should try this again I liked it okay but I wanted the brilliant color and read that lemon would make it pretty. Lemon makes it evil. Don’t do it,

Tabby

Thanks for the heads up! Lemon seems like a good idea, but I’ll take your word for it.

Ellyn

This is on my it’s but ohh so many teas in the cupboard already so little time..

gmathis

I bought several ounces of bulk lavender from little local health food grocer…you’re right; it’s a wonderful blending ingredient.

Tabby

That sounds like a better idea than getting it from Harney & Sons, now that you mention it. I bet it would be a lot cheaper for the exact same thing.

gmathis

Looking at the H&S description, it looks like there’s nothing in it but the lavender. I paid, oh, a buck and change an ounce; something like that.

Tabby

Haha, that’s awesome! I have a friend that works in a health food store, so I will be stopping by tomorrow after work!

ashmanra

Tabby, I think I will do the same! I need some sea salt. I think I will add lavender to the list!

Comments

ashmanra

Ellyn