drank Blue Ginger by Harney & Sons

Hmm? I ordered a sample and thought I was getting a pouch of loose leaf, but it’s really three sachets instead? Oh well, it smells good either way. And I’m feeling a little under the weather today, so hopefully the ginger will help.

The aroma reminds me of strong ginger ale and candy. Maybe candied ginger if it was a bit more fruity. Must be the lychee. I can’t say that I would have been able to identify the lychee on my own from just the scent. But lychee is always welcome, especially blended with Fujian black tea.

The flavor is well-rounded and pleasant, with the warm spice of ginger in the aftertaste. It’s not as strong as I expected from the scent at all. The lychee is peppery and sort of gentle, reminding me of rose tea. It’s more on the perfume-like side than fruity. I sort of agree with what others have said about this tea, though. It’s nice, but not something I’d crave. I’ll certainly finish the sample, but I probably won’t get it again.

ashmanra

I am pretty sure this one only comes in sachets. It is in one of the specialty tins. That is how mine came, too.

Dinosara

Huh, my sample came as loose leaf!

ashmanra

Well, that shows what I know! LOL!

Comments

ashmanra

Dinosara

Huh, my sample came as loose leaf!

ashmanra

Well, that shows what I know! LOL!

Decatur, GA