drank Mint Herb Tea by Bigelow

Still on my mint tea kick, I picked up a box of this at Big Lots for $1.80. (Wow…) Bigelow’s official website doesn’t list this stuff, and there wasn’t a page for it here on Steepster, either. That made me a tad apprehensive, but I’m still going for it.

It brewed up darker than most peppermint blends I’ve had recently, and it has a strange, sharp scent to it. It’s hard to describe, but it sort of reminds me of lawn clippings that have been in the sun for a few days. Kinda sour and strangely pickle-like. Yes, pickles. Like the bread-and-butter pickles that come from a jar. Or sweet gherkins. Weird.

The box additionally lists rosehips, lemon peel, and hibiscus in the ingredients, so I guess that explains the darker, more reddish color than what I’m used to. But, honestly, I don’t really taste any of those things. I just taste peppermint and spearmint leaves, which is nice, don’t get me wrong. It tastes fine, nice and cool and minty. It’s just the scent that kinda gets to me. Maybe I’ll mix it into other teas or something…