drank Vanilla Chai by Good Earth Teas

I got excited when I found this on sale for $1.80 a box. I recognized the name and immediately thought “The guys who make Sweet Chai Of Mine!! Awesome!”. But after checking out its profile here on Steepster, I realized this one might not be a winner like the other. Also, it says “Overflowing with pure pleasure” on the packet… that’s awkward.

However, upon opening one of the little pouches, I’m greeted by a very nice aroma. Cinnamon, sweet vanilla, clove, cardamom, ginger root. It actually smells a lot like Sweet Chai Of Mine. Or a cinnamon bun.

The flavor is a little heavy on anise, which I’m not really into. The same goes for the cinnamon, which gives it a Red Hots candy flavor. I’m not getting as much vanilla as I had hoped. The ginger and cardamom are very weak, but present. They add a sort of gingerbread man taste when combined with the vanilla. Anyway, this isn’t a bad chai. It’s just mild and not very interesting. I’ll be happy to finish it, but I know I wouldn’t buy it again.

Flavors: Anise, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Vanilla