drank Cherry by Adagio Teas

Hey, Steepster. Sorry it’s been a while. Things have been really crazy on my end. I don’t want to waste time on specifics, but I’ve been too stressed to dedicate much time to sitting down and writing. Also, I noticed I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to write about teas – so much that I was guilting myself into anxiety over drinking teas I haven’t reviewed yet. And that’s not cool. Tea should be enjoyed, not worried over!

As far as this tea goes, it’s pretty much what I expected from Adagio, but with a little extra. Mild black tea base that goes well with any sort of flavoring, check. Cute little pieces of dried cherries, check. But there are also pretty pink flower petals? Ooh, that’s unexpected.

The petals add a sort of rosey, lychee-like quality that goes well with the cherry. It’s definitely a tart cherry taste, not black cherry. Though the tea itself isn’t tart, it has the flavor of fruit that probably would be. I can’t say this tastes exactly like candy, as others have said, but I know for a fact that this one of the teas Adagio has enhanced over the years. A bunch of their flavored teas have had their recipes improved, to my surprise. (Caramel, vanilla, and mango are some I noticed, though I’m not really a fan of what they did to the mango…) Anyway, despite the improvements, I can’t say this is what I was hoping for. But I bet it will blend well with the coconut tea I bought!

Flavors: Berry, Cherry, Floral, Fruity, Lychee, Rose

TheTeaFairy

I wish for less stressful times ahead of you Tabby…