drank English Breakfast Tea by Hyson

I took it as a bad sign when I opened the little paper package and sniffed. There was no scent at all coming from this tea. As it brewed, dark and cloudy, there came a hint of aroma finally. It reminded me of the big tea brewer I used in my waitress days at a country club. I tried to keep my expectations positive, as I love Ceylon.

I added 2 teaspoons of sugar and tasted it. I mostly tasted sugar, with a bit of a Ceylon aftertaste at the end. It tastes cheap and mass-produced with lots of filler. Leaves a sour taste in my mouth and is pretty astringent. I do not recommend this unless it’s a last resort.

Decatur, GA