drank Awake- Filterbag by Tazo

Hmm. This is not as good as I remember it. I think I’ve gotten spoiled, especially after trying a few from Arbor Teas’ black tea selection. Still, I’m enjoying a cup after a nap and before a night of drinking with some friends from out of town. It’s malty and dark tasting, very bold. And as far as the caffeine content goes, the name is accurate! But the description says there’s a hint of cherries and caramel…? What? Where exactly are they getting that?

And next time, I need to reduce the steep time. This has gotten a little sharp. Maybe four and a half minutes next time instead of five.

Edit: Ok, now that it has cooled a bit, I sort of get what they meant by caramel, but I wouldn’t have mentioned it like that. I think that could potentially mislead and disappoint people who were looking for a noticeable caramel flavor.