Alright, so I had my biggest tea fail ever with this tea yesterday morning.

But I learned a valuable lesson. Milk cannot go in the utiliTea. Nor can half-milk, half-water mixtures. But, as things usually go with me, I learned the hard way. Not two minutes after I put it on to boil, I heard a strange hissing and bubbling. Suddenly foam began pouring out of my kettle and onto everything on the counters like a frothy volcano. Keep in mind that the white fluff was BOILING HOT, thus difficult to clean up.

I panicked and unplugged the kettle, holding it over the sink as it cooled enough to stop erupting. I actually used the remaining liquid and made the chai anyway, and luckily the cleanup didn’t make me late for work.

Caitlin

I always considered trying that out. I’m glad I never did. I hope your utiliTea is okay!

Jillian

Yikes! Milk tends to boil much more easily than water so it needs to be stirred a lot and watched carefully, I’ve found (the hard way).

Comments

Caitlin

Jillian