Trying this tea thanks to RachanaC (A.K.A. Rachel)! (If you’re on TeaTra.de, be sure to check out her samplers!) This is only my third oolong, so I am feeling very newbish as I sip this tea. I was thrilled by the way the leaves are rolled up into glossy dark green pebbles.

It brewed up to a pleasant, springlike yellow that makes me think of green teas. (And kinda makes me worry that I used water that was too hot.) The flavor is very nutty, like the description described, with faint hints of caramel. Something sort of reminds me of cocoa in the aftertaste.

All around, this is an interesting and complex oolong. But I think I’m going to have to compare my preparation with everyone else’s before I make another cup, so I can sip and review with confidence.