I couldn’t help picking this up on my last trip to the Farmer’s Market. I had my eye on it the last time I visited and my curiosity hadn’t left me alone.

The first thing I noticed about this tea is how black the leaves are. I believe this is an Assam, as it is very bold and strong. (And I think I read that on its shelf label, but I was distracted.) The vanilla scent hits me as soon as I open the container. It’s like a slightly fruity cupcake. The flavor does not go lightly with the vanilla, either. It reminds me a lot of Adagio’s vanilla black, but I also taste notes of cocoa, coconut, and figs.

I recommend against brewing this any longer than five minutes, as I said before, it’s very strong and could become exceedingly bitter. Also, I can tell this is going to be a fun tea to experiment with. A scoop mixed into my chai would probably be decadent.

Decatur, GA