Second review. I went with my chai idea this morning and was pleased with the result. Nothing about it clashed, and the vanilla managed to stay strong against the chai spices. I added sugar and a splash of milk. Will do it again, I’m sure.

I also want to mention that while I was at a convention with Kaliska, who will be joining us shortly on Steepster, we brewed this double-strong in the hotel room. I poured it over ice with just a little sugar and Stoli Vanil vodka. The result toned down the vodka’s bite and added black tea’s pleasant bitterness, all the while being almost overwhelmingly vanilla. While I liked it more than I should have, haha, I think I would adjust the tea/vodka ratio just a little.

SimplyJenW

Mmmm. Tea and booze. Sign me up!

LefTea

Yea, I think you’re going to have to share with the rest of the class!