I have been intrigued by reports of this tea and finally get to try it thanks to RachanaC (A.K.A. Rachel) via TeaTra.de’s Marketplace.

The leaves themselves look very pretty, dark green and glossy, with bright pink bits of dried watermelon and raspberry mixed in. It smells very strongly of watermelon, which I’ve found rare in the flavored tea world.

The taste is wonderful, like candy. Watermelon is the first and strongest flavor, followed by the summery sencha itself, then raspberry. This feels really appropriate for a cool spring day here. I think I’ll take it out onto my balcony garden and sit in the sun for a while…

Decatur, GA