Thanks to Zij-Ra, I got to try this oolong yesterday afternoon.

I didn’t take part in the preparation of this tea, so I can’t describe it much. Zij-Ra didn’t use an infuser, as she explained it wasn’t necessary. I was really impressed to see why. The leaves, though rolled tightly, expanded and uncurled to reveal that they were entirely whole. This is something quite impressive to me since I mostly stick to (admittedly low grade lately) black teas. It looked lovely in the cup, and I found myself looking down into it as I sipped, watching the leaves swirl about.

As for the flavor, it was most definitely an oolong even though the leaves are a little lighter green than some oolongs I’ve tried. I added a little honey to enhance the flavor, which seemed to bring out the oolong’s nuttiness. However, it did seem to taste a lot like a green tea as well, for lack of a better description. It had more of that fresh taste than I was expecting.

The steep time is just a guess since we never took the leaves out. I waited a pretty long time, probably more than I logged, because I’m sensitive to hot water.