drank Lavender Dreams by Teavana

I had been holding on to this tea I got from RachanaC (Rachel) for a long while and I’m not entirely sure why I’ve been so hesitant. I love the scent of lavender and the fact that it can be used in so many ways. But now that I think about it, this is my first lavender tea.

When I first received the tea, the scent was overwhelming. It filled my entire tea cabinet and hit me every time I opened it. It has since faded, unfortunately, but it was my own fault for not storing it in a tin. I kept it in a ziplock. Anyway, when I opened the package, the scent was still the clean, soothing scent of dried lavender flowers.

When steeping, the violet and lavender flowers stayed on the surface of the water, while the white tea leaves expanded and submerged. The tea brewed into a pale champagne color, like many whites I’ve tried have. I also sweetened it with honey. The result was like others have said, a stronger lavender flavor above all, with a faint white tea taste afterward. The honey mutes that subtle tea flavor as well. This tea makes me want to try a lavender/black combination instead.