drank Bailin Gongfu Black Tea by Teavivre

I tried this last night, but ended up going out before I could write a review. So I’m having another cup first thing in the morning afternoon. And laughing a little because out of the corner of my eye, I keep reading it as “Ballin’ Gongfu”. Haha.

I read what other have said about this tea and upon smelling the dark, smaller leaves, I definitely agree with people mentioning cocoa. Cocoa is the strongest flavor I taste, along with a sort of light nuttiness that’s mostly in the scent. My brother said something about it reminded him of coffee, since it’s so strong and bold. I think he was onto something. I definitely feel more alert after drinking it.

Anyway, this is a hearty, delicious tea that I could see myself drinking instead of coffee some mornings. I kinda regret not tasting it before I placed my order last night. When I make my next one, I’m going to get some of this as well. It’s delightful.

I also wanted to mention that I love the little red individual pouches it comes in. That’s a nice touch.

Jim Marks

Almost all the samples I received came in “sample sized” pouches (a few came in slightly larger pouches with all four sample quantities in that one pouch) inside the larger foil bags. I was re-assured that this is only done for the samples that they send out and that if you buy 50 grams worth of tea, the don’t send you 50 individually packaged grams of tea — which would waste a lot of packaging.

But it is a nice touch for the samples, for sure.

Tabby

Hah, I thought about that. I imagined ordering the 100g and getting a huge bag full of tiny packets. I’m glad they don’t do that.

Comments

Jim Marks

But it is a nice touch for the samples, for sure.

Tabby