This is my second Tie Guan Yin, the first from my local farmer’s market. I’ve been wanting to get into oolong, and I think I’ve found the first that I truly like.

This oolong is fresh and highly floral in a way that reminds me so much of spring. (Which is a little depressing in November, I have to add.) The flavors remind me of gardenias, honeysuckle, and jasmine. There’s also a note of sweet, clean hay.

It still has that nutty oolong flavor, but it’s mostly in the scent. At first I was a little nervous, since the vegetal scent was so strong. But no, after a little honey, this is lovely and satisfying. I’m going to have to start trying oolongs to Teavivre’s brewing instructions, I think.

Tabby

Why not? Honey is delicious.

Charles Thomas Draper

You are correct. I eat tsp of YS Eco Bee Farms Antioxidant Power Honey everyday. It’s a combo of buckwheat, forest, manuka and multi floral. And Raw. I just think all of those flavors that you found existing in tea were beautiful. I feel the honey would overwhelm them.

Tabby

Well, I didn’t sweeten the whole pot. I’ll try the next cup without honey and see what happens…

And my apologies. I do not want to appear to be a tea snob. A purist. Yes

ScottTeaMan

THE ONLY TIME i ADD SUGAR OR HONEY-RARELY AT THAT-IS IF i.M STUCK DRINKING TEABAG TEA. {Blasted caps} :\

Comments

Tabby

Why not? Honey is delicious.

And my apologies. I do not want to appear to be a tea snob. A purist. Yes