To begin, I’m very new to green teas and my previous experiences have not been good so far. (I think I’m to blame for this, however, due to my tendency to make tea with too much gusto. And my long history of loving black teas.)

So anyway, I love the way the bright green, glossy leaves look. So long and flat, almost like preserved grass. As they brewed, the green became more vivid, as if the leaves were still alive. But the scent of it put me off a little… it was strong and reminded me of the ocean. And not in the sea breeze kind of way. But I gave it a chance anyway, as I feel like I’m in need of a green tea education.

I used 2 teaspoons for 8 ounces of water, brewed for 1:45 at 175 degrees. Any critiques you could offer about my preparation? The result was pale yellowy green and tasted much better than I expected. I feel like I understand what people say when they describe green teas as “buttery” now. It also has a sort of veggie flavor, like seaweed. I can’t really say I’m a fan, though. I believe these sorts of teas are going to have to be an acquired taste.

cteresa

I do not know about the method, temperature, but just for the dragon well tea I have, the way i like it best is a LOT of tea for not too much water, not too water – I save the leaves and make tea again (same ammount of not too much water) a few more times in the same day with it, basically till it no longer tastes awesome. First cup I do not usually like much.

(hmm, trying to do some mental conversions on my head, I think I use the same ammount of water, just a little more tea. )

Charles Thomas Draper

Dragonwell is one of Chinas top 10 teas for a reason. When you get a very good one its truly the nectar of the Gods. I have found that brewing them in a glass at lower than 175 is the way to go. Maybe you used to much tea? Experiment. A great green can be poetic….

Comments

cteresa

Charles Thomas Draper