drank Coconut Cream Pie by 52teas

I forgot I still had this sample laying around! I got it in a trade about a year ago.

Made the whole baggie in a pot, but unfortunately this leaves weren’t stored in a tin. The tea that resulted was a little weak, but still tasted deliciously like coconut. I miss this tea… one day I’ll make an order at 52 Teas. They’ve always been intriguing to me and spot-on when it comes to flavored teas.

TeaBrat

do you normally transfer all of your bagged teas into tins? I wonder if I should start doing that…

Tabby

I do if I have any empty ones lying around. It really does keep them fresher than plastic bags. I dunno about the foil ones, though. They could be better.

ScottTeaMan

if I have a heavy ziploc bag (not clear), say the one the tea came in, I normally do not transfer to a tin. I find that sometimes the tin changes the flavor (due to the alloy maybe). If I don’t consume the tea quickly, I may tranfer to a tin if the tea is almost gone. I generally don’t use tins as much any more.

TeaBrat

I did read somewhere that the tins were supposed to be better than bags I have transferred my expensive teas but I am leaving the other ones where they are now for the time being. Still, it would be sad to see so much tea go stale!

Dinosara

As long as it’s a heavy foil-lined resealable bag (which many tea retailers seem to use) I don’t worry about transferring it… those pouches are probably more airtight than most tins!

ScottTeaMan

STALE TEA! WHAT A TRADEGY!! I agree Dinosara, you can push the air out of the bags, then seal them tighter by rolling and rubber banding the bag.

Comments

TeaBrat

Tabby