drank Earl Grey Moonlight by Adagio Teas

I also made an order at Adagio that arrived today. First one in almost three years. As I usually do, I opened each package just to sniff. It’s a sort of silly but fun ritual I have whenever I get new tea. I have to smell it, to get a feel for what it’s going to be like.

The scent of this tea made my friend and brother both grin and agree that we should try it first. It was a potent, incredibly strong Earl Grey bergamot smell, topped with rich, creamy vanilla. Like buttercream frosting. It promised to be something refined and dessert-like.

In their words, it tastes like Fruity Pebbles if Fruity Pebbles was a tea. Of course, there’s more to it than that, but I felt it was worth mentioning. This is a gorgeous balance of flavors. The vanilla lingers longest in the aftertaste in delicious harmony with the bergamot as it fades. It really does taste like the top of a cupcake, but with a strong black tea base. It’s lemony and powerful and I think it will make a great comfort tea to take with me on the way to work when it’s cold. Waking up and sipping this would definitely improve my mornings.

I had wandered away from Adagio, but I find that old loyalty is coming back.

mokutou

I had to laugh when i read about your new tea ritual. I do the same, and it’s a little like Christmas to stop and smell all of the new goodness!