drank Mango by Adagio Teas

Mango! An old favorite. It was my first loose leaf black tea. I always get a little of this when I make an order with Adagio. However, it’s been since 2009 since I’ve had it, and that was before the big tin/pouch switchover. I just recently made my first order with the pouches, and though they’re not as aesthetically pleasing, I feel like all the teas I’ve received are a lot more fresh. Plus, they seem to smell much stronger.

I disagree with the recommended steep time, and would go with 4 minutes instead of 3. Then again, I like my black tea to have a bitter kick sometimes. Plus, the fruit flavor brightens up a bit, too.

Now, when I say fruit, I mean indistinguishable citrus. This doesn’t taste much like real mango, but it’s close. It tastes “orange” for lack of a better word. But then again, this seems to taste much better than it used to back in 2006 in my grandparents’ kitchen. Either my preparation has gotten much better, or Adagio has improved this blend.

I wonder if they’ve improved their vanilla… Maybe used the vanilla from Earl Grey Moonlight… Nah, that’s probably wishful thinking. Also, this tea reminds me a lot of flavored hookah smoke.