drank Guanabana by Adagio Teas

Guanabana! ♥ Again, I haven’t ordered this tea in 2 years, and it looks like another blend Adagio has stepped up a bit. Last I saw it, the Ceylon leaf was lower quality, and there were much fewer sunflower petals. Plus, I don’t remember there being actual chunks of dried guanabana in it at all. But I could be remembering that wrong.

This was one of my absolute favorite teas for a long time. I used to make it for friends all the time in the summer of 2009. Tasting it again now, I still feel very strongly about it. It’s fruity in a serious way, but it also has a sort of toasted sugar taste and scent, like someone caramelizing it in a pan. But mostly, since I’ve still never tasted real guanabana, I compare it to starfruit. It has that sort of tart floral/citrusness that really appeals to me.

Happy to have this in the cupboard again. Might go for a 4oz again once I get low.

Dinosara

Wow, guanabana tea, I never would have expected to see that flavor! Awesome!

Ninavampi

Guanabana is an “everyday” fruit here in Ecuador. I am going to be ordering this in my next Adagio order for sure! I can’t wait to see how they pulled off Guanabana tea!

Tabby

I’ll be looking out for your review, Nina! I’m really curious about that. Also, did my tea make it to you?

Ninavampi

Not yet. But no worries, things take forever to get here! : ) Have you received mine?

Tabby

I haven’t, but I came home to a notice on the door saying that they tried to deliver a few days ago. Since, I haven’t heard anything, so it was probably delivered to my complex’s office. I’ll check in the morning.

Comments

Dinosara

Wow, guanabana tea, I never would have expected to see that flavor! Awesome!

Decatur, GA