drank Darjeeling Earl Grey by Teapigs

I got a bag of this in a trade with QueenOfTarts! I was intrigued by it, as I’ve noticed that flavored darjeelings seem to be on the rare side. Which is probably a good thing, because it makes me think of a beautiful song being autotuned to hell.

But this is different. I am all about Earl Grey, so the autotuning is welcome. I can immediately tell that this isn’t like the usual Ceylon greys I’m used to. The darjeeling’s muscatel flavor is hidden in the background, in the aftertaste. It blends with the bergamot in an interesting way that reminds me of lemony white wine, if that sort of thing existed. As usual, however, the zesty bergamot is the strongest flavor. It isn’t followed with the bitterness that I’m used to, but it’s still a satisfying cup.