drank Earl Grey Lavender by Adagio Teas

I had been saving this tea for a day off, and I’m excited to try it. First of all, I didn’t realize this was going to be an Earl Grey cream. But I knew after one sniff. It’s like they toned down the vanilla from their Earl Grey Moonlight. I was sort of expecting something like Revolution’s Earl Grey, but this seems promising, too.

Upon closer look of the leaf, I realized that this is a rather extravagant tea as far as Adagio’s flavored blends go. I see lots of pretty lavender buds with wispy blue cornflowers. It’s beautiful and promises to be more complex than what I’ve been sipping lately.

It brews up dark and the scent is mostly lemon and lavender. The flavor is just as complex as I had been hoping for. Lavender, bergamot, vanilla, Ceylon, lemon. It’s a refined harmony of “clean” flavors and strong enough to be bracing on a cold morning. I think I’ve found a new favorite.