drank Spiced Apple Chai by Adagio Teas

Now, I liked the sound of apple chai when I chose this from Adagio’s chai list… but when I opened the pouch to sniff, I knew I had stumbled upon something I’d love. I already have a weakness for anything apple cinnamon, and that combined with the spicy scent of chai, which I am also a fan of…

Anyway, I didn’t go exactly traditional when I made it because of the color. Even with eight teaspoons in a little under four cups of water, it didn’t get as dark as I had hoped. It was still a dark, slightly cloudy brown. But it smelled like heaven, especially on such a gray, wet day. I added just a splash of milk instead of the half-half ratio, and sweetened. It’s essentially like an apple cider, strengthened with black tea and chai spices, with the burn of ginger at the end. I love it. I’m absolutely going to buy a half pound.

This one makes me smile too!

This one makes me smile too!

Quiet, strange, and in love with the world of tea. 20-something and living just outside of Atlanta. Cat lover, electronic music geek, balcony gardener, and collector of fossils. On the hunt for the perfect tea in each of my favorite categories.

Decatur, GA