This tea is good. Wait, let me rephrase that…this tea is DAMN FINE GOOD. I was excited when I got the oh-so-pretty package in the mail [A&D gets an A+ with a happy face sticker for their packaging scheme], but if I’m being honest part of me was afraid that this tea wasn’t going to live up to the hype I’d been frothing up in my brain.

That fear was not assuaged when I brewed a cup of Jackee Muntz and it smelled like the pages of an old book. [This may sound romantic, but those of you who have smelled this know that old book pages have a very distinctive smell you don’t necessarily want to associate with things you are about to ingest.]

Now, all of you likely know that the smell of the tea doesn’t necessarily have ANYTHING to do with how it tastes. Mercifully, this is the case for Sir Muntz, for he is smooth and absolutely delicious – like what I would imagine running into Nathan Fillion in a bar would be like.

I get a little burnt taste [not at all overwhelming, don’t be scurred] at first, but then the finish leaves you with a caramel taste in your mouth. It’s really quite amazing. I actually caught myself staring at the cup with my jaw hanging open for a few seconds after the first sip.

Let me put this all into perspective for you:

I am NOT a morning person. I wish I was, but I am most definitely not. If it weren’t for my actual will to live, people would have to pry me away from my duvet when the waking hour arrives.

Usually, I wake up with JUST enough time to get dressed, do the things I HAVE to do, and get where I need to be. Unless I HAVE to wake up, nothing and I mean NOTHING else seems more important than sleep when the alarm goes off.

Jackee Muntz is going to make me excited to get up tomorrow morning.

I might even find myself GETTING UP EARLY.

Jason

Ha, if this is anything like meeting Nathan Fillion in a bar, it’s a must for me! And I say that in the most masculine way possible.

LENA

Well damn, I’m going to have to try this now. I love that old book smell. Ain’t nobody scurred here! Great post!

takgoti

@Jason As if appreciation of Mr. Fillion could be gender-restrictive. Feed the birds.

@LENA You should! It really is excellent! Perhaps they’ll run the special on it again on here. [And thanks!]

TeaCast

holy dang, if this gets you up in the morning I MIGHT have to buy this haha, I need that pick-me-up!

Comments

Jason

LENA

takgoti

TeaCast

Former coffeeist, turned teaite. Lover of writing, reading, photography, and music. Traveler of life. Known to be ridiculous on occasion.

Virginia, USA