GM Sampler | Tea 5 of 31

Coconut Pouchong | http://bit.ly/9WQQq0
[Eventually to Become]The Full Spread | http://bit.ly/bDtnNn

This was the tea that finished off my GM day back in January, and this was the best one of the bunch. If you had told me that I would hate the pear tea and love the coconut tea in this sampler, I would have laughed at you for five minutes. Maybe more. Because coconut and I don’t see eye to eye all of the time and, as we have established, I love pear.

The tea in the packet smelled, unsurprisingly, like coconut. Macaroons, the formerly named Samoa cookies from the Girl Scouts, suntan oil…all these things popped into my head. Wet, the leaves smelled vegetal with a hint of coconut. It reminded me of beansprouts, which I thought was weird, but they ARE tea leaves, so whatever.

Sipping the tea, it had a hint of that vegetal flavor, but it was much lighter. Mainly, what I was getting out of it was a buttery quality. Oh, it was good. Buttery with whiffs of coconut flavor and a cookie-like finish. It reminded me, undeniably, of coconut macaroons. Really freaking good coconut macaroons.

There were some other things going on in the tea, but all I could think of was coconut macaroons. That is what has stuck, and that is why I will be ordering this tea.

I never would have called that one.

COCONUT MACAROONS!

sophistre

HA! YES!

I am throwing up the Nixon victory hands at my computer.

JacquelineM

I must try this one tomorrow! Coconut macaroons! COCONUT MACAROONS!!!

takgoti

I wish I had some more right now.

Ricky

Can’t wait, can’t wait!

Comments

sophistre

HA! YES!

I am throwing up the Nixon victory hands at my computer.

JacquelineM

I must try this one tomorrow! Coconut macaroons! COCONUT MACAROONS!!!

takgoti

I wish I had some more right now.

Ricky

Can’t wait, can’t wait!

Former coffeeist, turned teaite. Lover of writing, reading, photography, and music. Traveler of life. Known to be ridiculous on occasion.

Virginia, USA