drank Toasted Sesame by Adagio Teas

Auggy sent me some of this tea [because she’s awesome] and I was pretty excited to try it because I enjoy sesame.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to really get any sesame taste out of it. This is what my notes say:

Tastes bitter.
Sweet-ish aftertaste.
Bitter. Bitter. BITTER.
Didn’t get any sesame.
At all.
Boo.
Oh, wait, on the breath…? Yep. A bit. Not enough to be sating.
WTF?
…Am I broken?

I think that pretty much says it all.

I had enough for two cups. I tried the first one at 4:00 minute. The second time I tried this I moved the time down to 3:15.

Thanks for sending it, though, Auggy. Ah, well.

Auggy

Aw, boo bitter! Sorry it didn’t work out for you. This one always makes me crave eel so I like it lots – but then I don’t get the bitter from it. If I did? Yeah, wouldn’t be a fan either! Actually, I think I do get a little bitter from it but it cancels out well with a little sugar and I do enjoy sugar. :) Oh well – even though it didn’t work out at least you can say you’ve had it! Yay!

All things green

I had a similar experience. I need to write a review soon.

takgoti

@Auggy Yeah, I was a little sad, but I’m definitely glad I got to try it. I think either bitter flavors tend to be louder to me than other people, or I’m not as good at picking out flavors from tea. Or some combination of both.

@All things green Ah good. I mean, not good, but it makes me glad that I’m not the only one.

Auggy

I’m sad for you, too. Aww, no eel tea. Hehe. I might end up avoiding some bitterness from some teas since I so rarely end up using boiling water. But that’s cause I’m too lazy/impatient to reboil the zo.

Comments

Auggy

All things green

I had a similar experience. I need to write a review soon.

takgoti

Auggy

Former coffeeist, turned teaite. Lover of writing, reading, photography, and music. Traveler of life. Known to be ridiculous on occasion.

Virginia, USA