drank Maiden's Ecstasy by Samovar

Yeah, I did it. I went for the hard stuff in the morning. You got a problem with that? Whatcha gonna do about it? You wanna step?

I apologize. I’m very tired. Which is why I decided that it was pu-erh time. I don’t drink pu-erh too often, because it’s something I like to spend some time with and I usually go for a second or third cup. [Or fourth. Or the occasional fifth.] That, and it tends to get me a little “tea high.”

Maiden’s Ecstasy is a favorite, for sure. It smells like you’re about to drink a big cup of tree bark and dirt. [That may not be appealing to some of you, but please don’t let that deter you from trying it.] If you have it in a glass mug or one that allows you to see the coloring well, it looks not unlike coffee.

The taste of this is bold and intense, which only grows the longer you steep it. I’ve found that more of the sweetness tends to emerge when you let it sit longer, but it will also intensify when it gets a little bit cooler. Allowing it to travel over all parts of the tongue and linger a little at the back of the mouth will also make the flavor of this more enjoyable. [There’s a dirty joke in there somewhere, but I’m too lazy to find it.]

For me, this is a tea that gets better the longer you let it go, though I don’t think I’ve ever gone past ten minutes on any given steep. I have a tendency to continue re-steeping this until I’ve stripped all the flavor from it because I think it’s just that good. It’s perfect for when you know you’re going to be chatting with a couple of friends for a few hours.