drank Guayusa (organic) by DAVIDsTEA

Drinking the very last of my guayasa sample tin :( After reading over some of the other tasting notes I’m sad it never occurred to me to mix it with anything, I bet it would have been good that way. As it is, this cup is smooth and mild, sweet and grassy. This is the first guayasa I’ve ever had, so I’m not sure how it compares to others and I’m still a little unclear on what guayasa is. I’ve read several comments to the effect that it is highly caffeinated, but I get a lot more buzz from a black tea than I have from this.

Happiness Is:
green tea
black tea
white tea if it’s heavily dosed with peaches
oolong? I’m starting to think oolong is the best of both worlds — I haven’t had many yet, but those I’ve tried have been divine.
fruit!
vanilla things
lots of mint!

Not Really My Style:
spices (except for ginger. ginger rocks)
chai (because, you know, the spices)
rooibos (I don’t get it. Everyone seems psyched for it. Not me).
those smoky teas, like lapsang souchong, though once in a while I’ll need something really strong and then I like them.

Bergamot.
Bergamot lives in a weird little category of its own. Sometimes it’s very good. Sometimes it’s very bad. I don’t know why my feelings toward it are always in flux, though the brand is a factor to some extent. Tea companies seem to have vastly different opinions about how to make earl grey.

gypsy status