drank Three Wishes Tea by DAVIDsTEA

The first time I tried this I felt like I wasn’t getting the full flavor, so this time I steeped it with extra tea leaves. The results were a bit strange. I really taste the rose now, but the peach and jasmine flavors have completely disappeared. I’m sort of getting the feeling that this tea is not for amateurs. It has to be prepared exactly a certain way, and I’m still figuring out what way that is. The reason I can’t give up on it is that it smells absolutely amazing, and as for three wishes, well my first wish is that I manage to translate that aroma into a delicious cup.

Happiness Is:
green tea
black tea
white tea if it’s heavily dosed with peaches
oolong? I’m starting to think oolong is the best of both worlds — I haven’t had many yet, but those I’ve tried have been divine.
fruit!
vanilla things
lots of mint!

Not Really My Style:
spices (except for ginger. ginger rocks)
chai (because, you know, the spices)
rooibos (I don’t get it. Everyone seems psyched for it. Not me).
those smoky teas, like lapsang souchong, though once in a while I’ll need something really strong and then I like them.

Bergamot.
Bergamot lives in a weird little category of its own. Sometimes it’s very good. Sometimes it’s very bad. I don’t know why my feelings toward it are always in flux, though the brand is a factor to some extent. Tea companies seem to have vastly different opinions about how to make earl grey.

gypsy status