Initially leery of this tea because it smells like the perfume counter at Macy’s – overly floral, overly sweet, overly everything. Fortunately, the flavor isn’t nearly as overpowering, though there is something a bit artificial about it. I think David’s is still my favorite of the jasmine greens I’ve tried.

Flavors: Flowers

sherapop

Jasmine is tricky for me in part for that reason. My body also seems to process it as perfume and sometimes revolts…

Tamarindel

Yes, very tricky. I find jasmine can be headache-inducing, but not always – it depends on the blend. I was fine with the David’s (and even Bigelow’s makes a decent mild jasmine tea) but as I realized sometime after making the post, this tea did bring on a bit of headache, so EVERYBODY BE WARNED.

Comments

sherapop

Tamarindel

Happiness Is:
green tea
black tea
sometimes white tea, especially if it involves peaches
oolong? I’m starting to think oolong is the best of both worlds — I haven’t had many yet, but those I’ve tried have been divine.
fruit!
vanilla things
lots of mint!

Not Really My Style:
spices (except for ginger. ginger rocks)
chai (because, you know, the spices)
rooibos (I don’t get it. Everyone seems psyched for it. Not me).
those smoky teas, like lapsang souchong, though once in a while I’ll need something really strong and then I like them.

Bergamot.
Bergamot lives in a weird little category of its own. Sometimes it’s very good. Sometimes it’s very bad. I don’t know why my feelings toward it are always in flux, though the brand is a factor to some extent. Tea companies seem to have vastly different opinions about how to make earl grey.

gypsy status