Drinking this to recover from the jasmine tea. While I do enjoy the flavor, the real draw of North African Mint is its cure-all powers.

De

I like the NAM, but every now and then the licorice just gets over-powering and sticks to the back of my throat and I get turned off of it for a while.

Tamarindel

I know what you mean, licorice isn’t a favorite flavor of mine either, and the NAM isn’t a tea I can drink every day (TOO relaxing, for one thing). But I like to keep some around. I’m convinced the spice blend has some sort of detox effect.

Comments

De

Tamarindel

Happiness Is:
green tea
black tea
sometimes white tea, especially if it involves peaches
oolong? I’m starting to think oolong is the best of both worlds — I haven’t had many yet, but those I’ve tried have been divine.
fruit!
vanilla things
lots of mint!

Not Really My Style:
spices (except for ginger. ginger rocks)
chai (because, you know, the spices)
rooibos (I don’t get it. Everyone seems psyched for it. Not me).
those smoky teas, like lapsang souchong, though once in a while I’ll need something really strong and then I like them.

Bergamot.
Bergamot lives in a weird little category of its own. Sometimes it’s very good. Sometimes it’s very bad. I don’t know why my feelings toward it are always in flux, though the brand is a factor to some extent. Tea companies seem to have vastly different opinions about how to make earl grey.

gypsy status