Very pleased with this one. It’s earthy, with a kind of mushroomy sweetness. I’m having a hard time picking out individual notes, but the overall flavor is robust and comes across as natural and wholesome. So far I’ve steeped it twice and it’s still going strong. As per the instructions, I used a whomping tablespoon, but as the leaves are very large and loose, this wasn’t so much tea after all. This is the third Upton oolong I’ve tried, and my favorite so far.

Flavors: Mushrooms

Happiness Is:
green tea
black tea
white tea if it’s heavily dosed with peaches
oolong? I’m starting to think oolong is the best of both worlds — I haven’t had many yet, but those I’ve tried have been divine.
fruit!
vanilla things
lots of mint!

Not Really My Style:
spices (except for ginger. ginger rocks)
chai (because, you know, the spices)
rooibos (I don’t get it. Everyone seems psyched for it. Not me).
those smoky teas, like lapsang souchong, though once in a while I’ll need something really strong and then I like them.

Bergamot.
Bergamot lives in a weird little category of its own. Sometimes it’s very good. Sometimes it’s very bad. I don’t know why my feelings toward it are always in flux, though the brand is a factor to some extent. Tea companies seem to have vastly different opinions about how to make earl grey.

gypsy status