This tea smells so peachy keen, I was expecting to be hit with a blast of flavor. But it’s actually a very subtle tea. I couldn’t taste much till I added a bit of raw sugar, and then the peach came alive. Still subtle, but in a delightful way. The jasmine is even more in the background, but it rounds out the peach flavor nicely.

As to appearance, these pearls are huge! Even bigger than Teavivre’s plain jasmine pearls. The size actually makes them a bit tricky to measure. Do people just count them out? I used 10, which filled a teaspoon more or less. It seemed in the ballpark of correct, but maybe 1 or 2 more pearls would have been nice.

Flavors: Peach

caile

A teaspoon of pearls sounds about right…the first time I made this I used a whole sample package which was too much. Flavor is subtle though.

Tamarindel

Thanks, I’m never quite sure! Steepster doesn’t actually list a recommended amount on those little packets, though I noticed someone suggested a tsp. in the steepster listing.

Tamarindel

Sorry, I meant Teavivre doesn’t like an amount on their packets. I’m such a ditzo-head today.

Lol ;-)
Also, I think some people add a couple of the plain jasmine pearls to bring out more jasmine flavor, although I haven’t done this myself. If you have the plain ones you could give it a try.

Tamarindel

Cool, I’ll try that! I do have some on hand :)

Comments

caile

Lol ;-)

Tamarindel

Cool, I’ll try that! I do have some on hand :)

Happiness Is:
green tea
black tea
lots and lots of oolong!
fruit
vanilla things
mint

Not Really My Style:
spices (except for ginger. ginger rocks)
chai (because, you know, the spices)
rooibos (I don’t get it. Everyone seems psyched for it. Not me).
those smoky teas, like lapsang souchong, though once in a while I’ll need something really strong and then I like them.
darjeeling