drank Vanilla Cream by Butiki Teas

This is only the second honeybush tea I’ve had and I loved the idea of it. Unfortunately I did not love this tea. And I’m thinking that I’m just not a fan of honeybush.

The smell of this dry smelled of sweet baked goods… Like sugar cookies. The tea as it steeped & the wet leaves smelled of warm cookie dough. So mouthwatering!

But as I drank the tea I found a note to it that I just did not like. I don’t know how to describe it or even where to begin to try. I just know I didn’t enjoy it. I detected this quality in the previous honeybush I’d tried (Honeybush Chocolate from Adagio) but the chocolate masked it so well that I didn’t even really realize it was there. It just flickered across my tongue briefly at the end of the sip & then it was gone from my mind. I wish that had been so with this tea!

I really hate that I didn’t like this tea but what can I say? I just don’t.

Butiki Teas

Honeybush and rooibos can have a medicinal taste. I wonder if that is the note you didn’t like.

Tawny Kira

that must have been it. it was unlike what I would normally consider medicinal (which is usually artificial fruit flavorings) but yes I think now that I look back it was kind of medicinal tasting. I have had rooibos blended in with other teas but never on its own. I will have to keep that quality in mind if trying other flavorings of it!

Butiki Teas

Not the same medicinal as a fake cherry flavor, akk those are the worst. Some blends work better with the rooibos like citrus but in others the rooibos or honey bush is a bit more noticeable.

Tawny Kira

I’ve noticed that. And thank god that the rooibos/honeybush medicinal isn’t as bad as fake cherry flavor because I wouldn’t even have been able to finish the cup! I do think that it’s something that I can grow accustomed to, though- just kind of different more than bad. I haven’t had much of it so I don’t want to rule it out completely until I’ve played around with it! :) And you know, sometimes I wonder if the people who make the flavors for medicines have ever actually tasted the fruit they’re claiming it tastes like :P

Butiki Teas

Hahaha, I think they are just trying to cover the taste of the medicine so much that the flavor doesn’t matter. I guess they don’t want it to taste too good because that could be a problem. Some fool somewhere would accidentally kill them self because the cough syrup was just too yummy.

Comments

Butiki Teas

Butiki Teas

I am a wife and mother. I am a musician, a singer, a hair dye junkie, a book lover and an artist. And of course a tea lover!

North Alabama